Friday, December 14, 2012

Prayers and Condolences

Our hearts go out to the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, including their families and friends during this tragedy. The only way to express our feelings are through the words of a beloved American icon, Mr. Rogers:

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." - Mister Rogers

I have to believe the world is full of more good, caring people with genuine hearts than those that do evil.
Prayers and Condolences to everyone who is hurting.


2 comments:

Ruby Johnson said...

When there is a mass murder, we all cringe with shock. It is so hard to believe when we see small children murdered in such cruel ways.As Susie says, we want to do something.But we are helpless when it comes to consoling parents who lose a child.
I am sure there will be those who come out in the next weeks who want to get rid of all guns in the US. But taking away our rights to guns won't stop this type of massacre.There are so many people who are feel disconnected from society. They have little personal contact with others. But to put all of this into a historical perspective, read Dr. Katherine Ramsland's article "Who Kills Children?" http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/shadow-boxing/201212/who-shoots-children/

SusieSheehey said...

Wow, great article suggestion, Ruby.
I can't imagine losing my son. But we all know to cherish a little harder now.

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...